Buy a turkey….take it apart….highlight each piece of the turkey with it’s own meal…..celebrate! I did those over a couple of weeks but you could easily do this same type of meal for Thanksgiving and it would be a nice change to the typical wait around for the entire turkey to be cooked. Essentially, you could create a multi-course meal from one turkey! This was my plan for Thanksgiving but it looks like I’ll have some more important things to work on around that time.
Enjoy the gobble gobble. This was all from one 15 pound turkey.
Seared Turkey Tenderloin with a Beau Monde Ala Minute Sauce (pictured above)
- Turkey tenderloin, Brined in a sugar and salt mixture for 2 days
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Challenge Butter
- Spice Islands Chipotle, Beau Monde, and Fennel Seed seasoning
- Baby arugula
- Shallot, minced
- White Wine
- Butterfly the tenderloin and stuff it with roasted pumpkin seeds
- Rub it with the spices
- Place in pan with hot clarified butter then sear each side
- Place entire pan in the oven at 325F….cook until internal temperature reaches 155F…remove and let rest
- Pour off excess liquid in pan then pour in a little more butter
- Toast shallot in sauce
- Deglaze with white wine and remove from heat and add a little Beau Monde seasoning and Challenge Butter
- Serve over Turkey Tenderloin
Acorn and Butternut Squash Soup with a Turkey Broth
- Turkey broth…..made it myself!
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 bay leaves
- White Wine
- Mirepoix (celery, carrots, onion)
- Salt pork
- Salt and pepper, tt
- Smoked Paprika, tt
- Alouette Crumbled Goat Cheese Provencal
- Take salt pork and render fat
- Remove pork bits and throw in mirepoix. THROW IT IN THERE!!!!
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce then deglaze again. You don’t have to deglaze twice….I do because I’m awesome.
- Add turkey broth, squash, parsley, bay leaves, smoked paprika, salt and pepper
- Remove bay leaves then puree!
- Adjust seasonings then serve with cheese crumbled on top
Buffalo Turkey Leg with a Hand Mixed Alouette Blue Cheese Dressing
- Turkey legs, brined in brown sugar and alderwood smoked salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Parsley infused salt
- Pink and Black Pepper, ground
- Mayo……1 cup canola oil….1 egg….whisked together!
- Alouette Blue Cheese
- 2 tbsp. yogurt
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Clarified Butter
- Rub turkey legs with smoked paprika, parsley infused salt, and peppers
- Roast until done
- In a small sauce pan heat up Frank’s Hot Sauce then add the clarified butter and simmer for 10 minutes
- Mix together mayo, yogurt, and blue cheese
- Pour Frank’s Sauce over turkey leg then serve with blue cheese dressing.
- Stop looking at it funny and just grab the whole damn thing and eat it!
Turkey Thigh Ragout over Pappardelle Pasta
Stuffed Turkey Breast on Pumpkin/Sweet Potato Puree with Zucchini and Roasted Apple and Grapes
- Stuffed turkey breast (use this recipe and use roasted pumpkin seeds in stuffing)
- Pumpkin/Sweet Potato Puree (roast pumpkin and sweet potato then puree with chicken stock and mirepoix)
- Roast grapes and apples @ 185 for 2 hours
Well, that’s it! A whole turkey….taken apart and made awesome.