Had a few nice sizable chunks of that 15 day aged steak so I decided to eat it again, this time for breakfast. Excellent way to start the day!
I’m experimenting with the shallots to see how they react to different fats after being pickled. Lose taste in butter, duck fat, canola? No. Caramelize a little bit with saute? Yes, this is ideal. Sherry vinegar tastes a little sweet to me so pairing the sherry pickled shallots with yellow bell pepper then sauteeing them in duck fat was a great move then building a light hot vinaigrette with it for the sauce brought another texture of flavor.
- 16 day aged steak, already salted and peppered
- Pickled shallots in sherry vinegar
- Yellow bell pepper
- Duck fat
- Sherry Vinegar
- Black pepper and Murray River Salt
- Eggs, scrambled in clarified butter
- Sear steak in clarified butter then remove from heat and let rest over scrambled eggs
- Pour off fat but leave black bits in.
- Place duck fat in pan then saute pickled shallots and yellow bell peppers then remove and let rest of steak
- Whisk sherry vinegar into pan then add salt and pepper
- Pour vinaigrette over top of dish and eat